The world of stone has always been fascinating and rich in history. From the Stone Age where everything was created with it, from the Egyptian pyramids, the Aztecs, the temples, the Roman massacres … And so marbles, granites, tuff, took life to transform into the enormous cultural heritage that makes our country so unique.
In recent years, unfortunately, the degradation processes of this immense heritage have suffered a violent acceleration due to the growing pollution phenomena. Paradoxically, there has been a more ruinous decay in the last 50 years than in previous centuries. So works that have remained in their splendor for thousands of years now show important signs of deterioration.
Vantaggi del trattamento
- eccellenti proprietà idrofobiche e olefobiche
- trattamento invisibile
- resistente agli agenti chimici
- resistente alle azioni abrasive
- applicazione semplice
- stabile ai raggi UV
- lunga durata nel tempo
Finding solutions to defend these precious goods from environmental degradation, from the aggression of atmospheric agents, from acid rains, from moss and dirt, is now more than ever a primary necessity.
In recent decades, polymers, mainly acrylic and vinyl resins, which, contrary to expectations, have led to further deterioration of works of art, were used to provide protection and consolidation.
Main natural factors of degradation
The main degradation factors of natural origin are water, temperature variations, electromagnetic radiation and atmospheric gases.
- Water – water can contribute to degradation processes, both in the liquid and in the solid or vapor state.
- Thermal fluctuations – the increase in size that all materials undergo when heated (thermal expansion) or frozen.
- Atmospheric gases – oxygen, in the presence of suitable synergies (visible and ultraviolet radiation, water, catalysts, such as metal oxides), causes oxidation phenomena of organic materials.
- Man’s activity often determines suitable conditions for the development of degradation processes, indeed it is one of the most important factors.
Our nanotechnological protectors can make an unimaginable contribution to the world of Fine Arts: the formulation has the ability to modify the matter of the substrate, transforming the surface energy from high to low, thus creating a three-dimensional lattice with a powerful repulsive force that rejects any contaminants: water, pollutants, grease, dirt, limescale, etc. providing extraordinary protection.